Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Beauty Tip

I just thought I'd add a beauty tip...alittle help from an actual disaster. Last December, I was getting ready to go out to dinner with my girlfriends. You know the routine: alittle eyeshadow, alittle liquid eye pencil, alittle curling the eyelashes with the eyelash curler. That's when I realized that my bangs were alittle long and I thought I'd give myself a little trim...and I did a bang-up job! Now, I was putting the finishing touches: mascara. As I went to my left eye, I realized that 80% of my eyelashes were gone! Cut right down to the lid!!!! What the hell?????? How could have this happened? Did I cut them with sissors when I was giving myself a haircut???? How stupid was that??? And what the hell was I going to do??? It's not like I could've gone ahead and went out...it was obviously noticeable. Dammit.

It just so happened I had some fake eyelashes (bought previously for a Halloween party that I never used). Okay, how hard can it be to put false eyelashes on? Well, after about 30 damn minutes, I successfully laid one strip of lash on my naked eyelid. It didn't look as bad as I thought it would...however, I didn't have another 30 minutes to add lashes to the other eye. So, I just added ALOT of mascara to the other eye. Wonder if anyone would notice? Of course, I couldn't keep my big mouth shut and asked several friends if they noticed anything different about me...and no one noticed. I fessed up and told them my story that I was stupid and cut my own damn eyelashes.

After alittle investigating, I realized that I didn't cut them with sissors...get this, it was my eye lash curler!!!! The rubber part of the curler was old and was cut in half...little did I know. So, instead of curling my lashes, it acted as a guillotine!!! So, ladies, go check your eyelash curler and make sure your rubber is NOT DRY-ROTTED!!! (Who knew that there was a shelf-life of rubber?)

My biggest worry was how long was it going to take for these lashes to grow back? I heard anywhere from 5 months to a year. I just couldn't imagine putting falsies on for an entire year...but I was gonna have to do something. Thanks to my funny friends, I now have a life-time's worth of false eye lashes!! Thank goodness, it's been 8 months and my lashes have grown back...and I haven't used an eye lash curler since.

No comments:

Post a Comment