Tuesday, July 28, 2009

peach fuzz and false eyelashes

My hair had already fallen out quite a lot, but then some of it was stubborn enough to stick around and even grow. I have a head full of peach fuzz, which everyone says is quite appropriate for a donnapeach. Marvin calls this my alien photo; I think he’s right :) .

After Friday’s chemo 2.4.1, though, the next day it started falling out, again. Little fine white hairs are falling all around me so much so that Buster, our Akita, is complaining LOL.

As happened with me the first time around, all of my other hair is falling out, and yes, I do mean all–arms and legs (woohoo, no more shaving) and the nether regions. Visibly and most obvious are the fading eyebrows and vanishing eyelashes.

What I dislike is that my eyelashes are nearly gone. So I’ve adopted fake lashes and have been learning to apply them. Currently, I’m using lashes that look natural, but I’m thinking of getting some that are more dramatic and fun. As usual, youtube has lots of instructional videos. After reviewing them, I’ve found a favorite poster xsparkage who is darling and IMHO does a great job of explaining tricks and techniques for applying lashes and fab eye makeup. This link is the one for applying lashes. My only variation in applying my lashes is that I apply them before I add any liner or other makeup; otherwise, mine seem to come loose after a while. If I apply them to my clean lash line, they seem to hold better. Otherwise, I follow her succinct instructions to the t.

Some cancer sites say don’t use false lashes because the glue is harsh. I have not found that to be the case. The glue is very gentle, as it should be for use on the eyelid. When I remove my lashes, I press the outside corner with one finger while pulling away the lashes with my other hand. I have had no soreness, redness or irritation since wearing them. The glue rolls up, so you can gently remove any residual glue with your finger. I occasionally use a little eye makeup remover.

today's choice: Ardell false eyelashes

today's choice: Ardell false eyelashes

After reviewing prices and brands, I have bought Ardell lashes. They are available at drugstores, discount stores and beauty supply stores for around $4, an excellent price, especially considering that you can reuse them several times. They have many styles from natural to totally fun with rhinestones or feathers. After removing them, use your fingers or tweezers and carefully pull off some of the glue on the lashes. You don’t have to remove it all. Then, put the lashes back in the lash box. One tip: it’s probably better to use the lash strips than the single lashes. Single lashes are great for vamping existing lashes; strips are best when you have a naked lid.

Anyway, false lashes are super fun. I hope you try them. I do believe it takes some practice, so be patient and give yourself some time to get used to applying them. Then, go bat your eyes at the target of your affection :) .

2 comments:

  1. if you are looking for latisse at a good price
    go to www.latisse.bz or www.yourlatisse.com....great price by a doctor all online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these stuffs. Keep posting great blogs like this. Nice share. ♥

    ReplyDelete